Lucky Dog Cabin- New River Access - Piney Creek
Lucky Dog Cabin- New River Access - Piney Creek
Rates & Availability
(Displayed in USD)
- Rates From $250 to $350 per night
Availability details can be found on the Stay Blue Ridge website.
Book Direct through Stay Blue Ridge for maximum savings and service!Availability Details
Peak June 2023
May 30, 2023 - Jun 29, 2023
4th of July 2023
Jun 30, 2023 - Jul 09, 2023
Peak Summer 2023
Jul 10, 2023 - Aug 31, 2023
Labor Day Weekend 2023
Sep 01, 2023 - Sep 04, 2023
Sep 05, 2023 - Oct 01, 2023
Leaf Season 2023
Oct 02, 2023 - Nov 05, 2023
Great for Families and Groups
• Gated community on the New River
• Riverfront common area with fishing and gazebo
• Pet friendly!
• Warm, rustic ambiance of a true mountain cabin
• TWO master bedrooms with en-suite baths
• Amazing wrap-around deck
• Hot tub
• Gas fireplace
• Rec room with pool table, arcade game and walk-out access
• Plenty of parking
• Riverside Canoe and Tube Rentals across the street
• 3 minutes to Kings Creek New River State Park
• 25 minutes to downtown West Jefferson
Enjoy mountain ambiance and fun on the New River in this pet-friendly vacation home, with the security and privacy of a gated riverside community. Lucky Dog is built for relaxation and adventure, with plenty of space for your family or group to spread out. Three other Stay Blue Ridge rentals are located within this community, so if you’re looking for the site of your next big event or reunion, this is the spot for you. Bring all your friends and relatives!
With direct New River access, you’ll get the most out of your High Country vacation. At the riverside common area you can fish, picnic or put your canoe in the water and float away! When you return home, relax in comfort on your huge wrap-around covered porch, soaking in the lovely setting and cool mountain breeze.
The home itself is built in the craftsman style, with select local hardwoods, native river stone and choice ceramic tile. There are three levels, with entries on the mid (main) and lower levels. The main level features a living room with a fireplace and flatscreen TV, a dining room, kitchen and one of two master bedrooms. The kitchen has custom craftsman cabinets, granite counter-tops, and all the implements you need for meals and entertainment at home. It includes a charming breakfast nook for 4, as well as a separate dining room seating 6. The master bedroom on this level includes an en-suite bath with a large walk-in shower and dual vanity.
The spacious Lucky Dog assures your group privacy, comfort and convenience, without crowding. You’ll find two more bedrooms on the upper level, as well as a full bathroom. The lower level features a second huge master bedroom, kept cozy with an electric fireplace. This bedroom also has its own en-suite with a walk-in shower and dual vanity. The expansive family/activity room on this level is perfect for group get-togethers around the pool table, arcade game or TV. When you’re ready for more outdoor fun, step out to the downstairs patio and jump in the hot tub! There’s no better way to relax after an active day of sight-seeing, hiking and river sports.
Ready for the quintessential mountain vacation? Book Lucky Dog Cabin.
Location and Activities
Lucky Dog Cabin is located in a riverfront community in the northern part of Ashe County, close to Mouth of Wilson and the Virginia line. The community, called Mountain Estates, provides hiking trails and two fishing ponds, as well as direct New River access for swimming, canoeing, tubing and kayaking.
From here you can easily explore a wide variety of attractions and outdoor recreation. The New River State Park offers additional hiking and water sport opportunities. Grayson Highlands State Park and the Virginia Creeper Trail are also easily accessible, to the north. Visit the 34.3-mile Virginia Creeper Trail from Abingdon or Damascus, VA. This spectacular trail offers a fun-filled day for hikers, bicyclists or horseback riders of all ages. Rent a bike and enjoy a scenic downhill glide with a gentle grade and fun stops along the way. Don’t worry about the uphill – a shuttle takes you back to your car! The trail also offers access to excellent trout fishing.
Of course, exploring the Blue Ridge Parkway is a must, enjoying awesome hiking and biking trails as well as some of the country’s most awe-inspiring photo-opps. From the Parkway you can pop into Boone or Blowing Rock for dining and shopping. The quaint, historic town of West Jefferson is also just 25 minutes from the cabin, with a nostalgic main street featuring art galleries, antique shops and the famous Ashe County Cheese Factory, as well as restaurants and live music. The immaculate Mountain Aire Golf Course is just minutes from downtown.
Wherever you go in Blue Ridge Country, you’ll find gorgeous scenery at every turn. In the winter enjoy skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing or ice skating at one of the many area resorts. There’s something for the entire family, no matter what time of year you visit. Come get away from it all!
There are external cameras monitoring the public areas outside of the house.
Dogs Welcome! Must be well behaved, leash/crate trained, 2 years or older and 45lbs or less. $50 / per pet. 2 dog limit.
StayBlueRidge, located in downtown West Jefferson, offers over 50 quality vacation rentals in West Jefferson, Boone and surrounding areas.
Activities and Special Interests
This property provides access to the following activities and special interests:
Other Property Amenities
- Self Check In / Check Out
- High-touch surfaces cleaned with disinfectant
- Dogs Allowed
- King Bed
- No Firewood Provided
- Water Access
- Streaming Only
- 1-K, 4-Q
- Regular Drip Coffee Maker
- Pets Considered
- Dining Area
- Cooking Basics
- Living Room
- Private Entrance
- Lock Box
- Extra Pillows And Blankets
- Garden Or Backyard
- Fishing Freshwater
- Fishing nearby
- Autumn Foliage
- Winery Tours
- Bird Watching
Other Rentals from Stay Blue Ridge
- Happinest Vacation Cottage - Fleetwood Fleetwood, Ashe County and New River Area
- Allendale Log Cabin At Fleetwood Falls 2 Bedroom 2 Baths
- Downtown Cabin - West Jefferson Log Cabin 2 Bedroom Vacation Home For Rent
- Firefly Fields - Fleetwood Fleetwood, NC
- Keeping It Reel - On The New River - Piney Creek Piney Creek, North Carolina
- Roxy's Riverfront Playhouse On The New River - Crumpler 2 Bedroom Vacation Home For Rent
- Rustic Retreat - Warrensville Warrensville, NC
- Mountain Magic On The New River - Crumpler 3 Bedroom Vacation Rental
- New River Farmhouse - Laurel Springs 3 BD 1 BTH
- Temenos On The New River - Crumpler Crumpler, North Carolina
- lucky dog cabin on the new river - piney creek piney creek north carolina
- lucky dog cabin on the new river - piney creek ashe county and new river area
- north carolina vacation rental with private hot tub
- north carolina vacation places to rent
- sleeps 10
- 4 bedroom home
- north carolina vacation rental with private pool
- 4 bedroom vacation rental