Plus $390 Cleaning fee and 7% Sales Tax. Security deposit is required on all reservations.
Advanced reservations only by calling 207-846-9131. Telephone reservations are accepted, but not confirmed until receipt of payments. A confirmation letter is sent with details of your stay.
A restored, historic farm house, The Maine Farm House offers country charm and character with new and modern conveniences. Surrounded by an open field, it is located just a 2 minute walk from The Maine House and Lake Christopher. This guest house offers three separate, but adjoining sections which can be used together for a large group or separately for small groups or individuals. Sleeps up to 24 people.
* Seven tastefully decorated bedrooms, each with private baths.
* Hand-crafted fieldstone fireplaces in each section of house.
* Individual thermostat control in each bedroom and suite.
* Private entrances to the main section and each suite.
* Handicapped access (in two sections).
* Living room, dining room and fully equipped kitchen facilities in each section.
* Gas grills and picnic tables
* Beautifully landscaped yard and garden.
* A stereo system for sound in the living room, dining room, or both (includes CD player).
* Gourmet kitchen with six-burner Wolf gas range. Unique island with prep sink. Storage and two dishwashers.
* Two sets of French doors open to front porch and stone patio.
* The grassy area by the lake, plus canoes and outdoor sports equipment, are available for the use of all guests at all three houses, unless prior arrangements have been made for exclusive use.
Vacation Rental Policies
Group payment schedules are provided in three to six payments prior to arrival. Payment is by check only. We do not accept credit cards. Please send one check per payment due, made payable to The Maine Houses and mail to: The Maine Houses, P.O. Box 1138,
Check–in time is 3:00 p.m. or later.
Check out time is promptly at 9:00 a.m., unless prior arrangements have been made before arrival. This can be waived if we do not have a back-to-back group.
The Maine Houses provides a full refund 14 months prior to your arrival. There is a 25 % cancellation fee of the total due if you cancel between eight and 13 months before arrival date. There is a 50 % cancellation fee of the total due if you cancel three to eight months before arrival. There is no refund for any cancellations three months or less before the scheduled arrival date.
A refundable security deposit of $400 will be charged to most group stays.
Because some of our guests are allergic to pets, no pets of any kind are allowed at any of the houses.
Smoking is not permitted in any of the houses.
» Hair Dryer
» Coffee Maker
» Screened Porch
» Iron / Ironing Board
» Internet Access
» Cable/Dish TV
» DVD Player
Other Property Amenities
Some extras you may not expect to find include:
* Country kitchen with hand crafted island, breakfast bar seating, plenty of storage
* Gourmet Wolf cooking range
* Three hand-crafted stone fireplaces
* Gas grills
* Picnic tables
* Open lawn with lots of room for games and fun
The Maine Farm House Patio
Relax, play, read, relax, laugh, relax, contemplate, relax, giggle and just enjoy life.
Picture yourself on our new patio comfortable in an Adirondack chair with a novel. The fragrant scent of flowers and a warm summer breeze cooling your skin. Now imagine everyone in your group soaking up the morning light. Kids playing badminton, friends canoeing and the quiet bustle of activities rolling out around you. At The Maine Farm House you can enjoy all these experiences and more when you book your next getaway with us.
Our landscaped patio area includes:
* 550 square foot stone landscaped patio
* Built in stone fire pit
* Refurbished stone well with a cover, perfect as a serving table
* Seating for 20+
* Webber gas grill
* Picnic table
* Low level outdoor night lighting
* Perennial flower, Herb & Butterfly gardens