Wyndham Ocean Ridge Resort
Edisto Island - Wyndham Ocean Ridge Resort - 1 & 2 Bedroom Units Available
Vacation Resort in
Edisto Beach South Carolina
1 King Cotton Road
||2 Bedrooms • Sleeps 6
||2 Full Bathrooms
Welcome to Wyndham Ocean Ridge Resort
Surrounded by 300 wooded acres on an island off South Carolina's southern coast, the Wyndham Ocean Ridge Resort is your ultimate "get away from it all" vacation. Your secluded Wyndham Vacation Resort is located on Edisto Island, South Carolina, amid sleepy lagoons, exotic flora and majestic birds that soothe the soul and stimulate the senses. If you're seeking an outdoor vacation setting with equal parts relaxation and recreation, this nature-lovers' resort is a perfect vacation retreat.
Twisting tidal creeks filled with egrets and herons welcome you as you cross the McKinley Washington Bridge onto Edisto Island to Wyndham Ocean Ridge Resort. While here, stroll along the beach, enjoy a sunset while the dolphins play or splash around in one of three swimming pools. Plus, there's a playground, tennis courts, and a recreation center with a game room, pool table, shuffleboard, basketball, volleyball, fitness center and miniature golf. Daily activities for kids and adults that offer limitless fun for the entire family. The preferred mode of transportation here is the bicycle (rentals) or the surrey-topped tram that takes you to our beachfront cabana. Grab your clubs for a round of golf on the newly renovated, 18-hole, on-site course - The Plantation course at Edisto.
The lifestyle is low profile and laid back; the area's appeal is its free and unstructured environment. From the moment you arrive in Edisto Island, you will sense the warm ambiance and relaxed attitudes. Wyndham Ocean Ridge Resort is a calm and serene vacation resort, the perfect place for couples and families to restore the spirit and renew family ties, or an ideal place to hold your special event amid natural and unspoiled beauty.
Activities and Special Interests
Resort Attractions And Activities AREA ACTIVITIES:
* Museum, Historic Sites, Plantation Tours, Tennis, Plantation Course at Edisto - Championship 18-Hole Golf Course,
* Miniature Golf, Swimming, Surfing, Kayaking, Fishing, Beach, Wildlife, Bike Rentals/Trails, Vineyard Tour,
* Dining, Shopping, Marina, Horseback Riding and EcoTours.
NEARBY AREA ATTRACTIONS:
A barrier island along the South Carolina coast, undiscovered, unspoiled and offering a relaxing change to your busy lifestyles. Lush semi-tropical woodlands; nearly five miles of pristine beach; superb fishing, crabbing and shelling. This quiet island, separated from the mainland by the Edisto River, began in antiquity. Archaeologists have explored numerous sites that Edisto Indians and others once called home. Bought from Indians in 1674 by the British for a few tools, some trinkets, and a length of cloth, Edisto produced riches in indigo and then Sea Island cotton. A Bed & Breakfast, Wyndham Resorts, and other rental companies offer accommodations from upscale villas to quaint cottages as a base for days spent on this shell-scattered beach. A newly renovated 18-hole championship golf course, a museum for the history buffs, water or land tours, shops, restaurants, a Serpentarium, and a very popular State Park provide plenty of activities.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Are the kitchens fully equipped?
The kitchens are equipped with a full size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, four burner stove top, oven, blender, coffee maker, toaster, pots, pans, utensils, dinnerware and glasses for four to eight people (depending on the unit size).
2. What do we need to bring to the unit?
Just bring your clothes, food, money and any personal items and leave the rest to us, and don�t forget to bring your ability to have fun and relax.
3. Is Internet service available?
Free Wi-Fi service in units and common areas. Computer available in clubhouse for a nominal fee.
4. Is transportation offered at the resort?
Yes, most amenities at Wyndham Ocean Ridge Resort are accessible via a resort tram, which runs from April 1 through October 29. Rental bicycles are available to fully enjoy the beauty of the outdoors. Since the resort layout is campus-like, some guests prefer to explore the island by car.
5. Is shopping available nearby?
Edisto Island has a grocery store (within 3 miles), six different restaurants, sandwich shops and several specialty shops. Major shopping 50 miles away in Charleston.
6. Are the units accessible?
Units are elevated with one or two flights of stairs outside, many with additional stairs inside. The number of units with elevators is extremely limited.
7. Is this a Pet-Friendly resort?
Sorry, no pets.
8. Is smoking allowed at this resort?
This is a non-smoking resort.
» Coffee Maker
» Pool (Community)
» Cable/Dish TV
Other Property Amenities
Two Bedroom units have:
* One Queen Bed in Master Bedroom, Either One Queen Bed or Two Twin Beds in Guest Bedroom, One Sofa Sleeper in Living Room,
* Two Bathrooms with Whirlpool Tub (Master Bathroom in Select Units Only), Full Kitchen, Stove with Oven, Full-sized Refrigerator,
* Dishwasher, Microwave, Place Settings, Cookware, Flatware, Toaster, Coffee/Tea Maker, Televisions, DVD Players, Movie Rentals,
* Stereo, Balcony (most units), Washer/Dryer, Hair Dryer, Iron/Ironing Board, Air Conditioning, AM/FM Alarm Clock,
* Daily Housekeeping Available and Maximum occupancy is 6.
One Bedroom units have:
* One Queen Bed in Private Bedroom, One Queen-Size Sleeper Sofa in Living Room, Bathroom with Whirlpool Tub (Select Units Only),
* Full Kitchen, Stove with Oven, Full-sized Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Microwave, Place Settings, Cookware, Flatware, Toaster, Coffee/Tea Maker,
* Televisions, DVD Players, Movie Rentals, Stereo, Balcony (most units), Washer/Dryer, Hair Dryer, Iron/Ironing Board, Air Conditioning,
* AM/FM Alarm Clock, Daily Housekeeping Available, Maximum occupancy is 4 and Private sleeping area sleeps 2.
* 3 Outdoor Swimming Pools, Outdoor Hot Tub, Championship 18-Hole Golf Course on Property, 4 Tennis Courts,
* Fitness Center, Restaurant, Playground, Miniature Golf, Bike Rentals, \"Get Out and Play\" Activities Program,
* Shopping on Site, Picnic/Barbecue Area, Shuffleboard, Jogging Track, Concierge Services, 24-Hour Front Desk,
* Free Parking, Conference Rooms, Banquet Facilities, Business Center, Wheel Chair Accessible, Nearby Fishing,
* Nearby Kayak Tours and Nearby Sailing.
With all these amenities, your Wyndham family vacation, business function, or private getaway will have the perfect setting at Wyndham Ocean Ridge Resort in Edisto Island, South Carolina.
What a excellent vacation it is to experience quaint, small town island life and our fantastic \"Edislow\" approach to living. Located approximately one hour south of Charleston, South Carolina, Ocean Ridge offers a quiet and tranquil escape from everyday life. Wyndham Ocean Ridge offers one bedroom suites, as well as one and two bedroom deluxe units.
Enter a beautiful, secluded sanctuary to recapture yourself with all the time you need to relax and enjoy all the fun simple things life has to offer. Your family will love being together taking in the joys of the outdoors in a Wyndham family vacation here. Reunite with that special someone in a setting that allows you to slow down and appreciate one another. Your group event will be unlike any other on this gorgeous island with activities everyone will enjoy.
Other Rentals from Time To Go Vacation